Friday, September 08, 2006

My last day

Tomorrow is my last day in England. Technically, I'm flying out on Sunday, but the bus that is taking me to the airport leaves at 3 AM and my flight leaves at 8. I am definitely ready to go back to United States. Being far away from home is very exhausting.

Last night, my grandfather and I went to a lecture on the nature of space and time and I got to eat dinner with Stephen Hawking. This is because my grandfather, a very prominent mathematician, got invited to a 22 person reception which included Stephen Hawking. So, you could say that I had dinner with 21 people and one of them happened to be Stephen Hawking but really that's just a technicality. For obvious reasons, I didn't talk to him, but who cares? I Was There. The lecture was also interesting, although I definitely missed the more technical parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home